Dr. Nawa Raj Subba is a Nepali-language-writer. His areas of expertise include public health, literature, culture, and music. Here is Subba’s biography and bibliography.
Birthplace- Hangpang, Atharai Triveni Palika, Taplejung, Nepal (1961). He married Chanchala Shrestha, and they have two children Kaushal Raj and Nischhal Raj Subba.
- Ph. D. in Health Psychology, TU,
- M.P.H. (Public Health), TU,
- M.A. (Nepali literature), TU, and
- Has received training in research methodology and studied population, culture, sociology, and anthropology.
Subba worked for Nepal’s Ministry of Health and Population for over three and a half decades. His career contributions are listed in the title below as significant professional achievements. As a Nepali-language-writer, Nawa Raj Subba wrote public health awareness articles in Nepali and published them in newspapers while working for the government. On the other hand, he wrote research articles in English and published them in journals.
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- As a team member, Nawa Raj Subba prepared a curriculum. I led a training program for District Public Health Officers in Nepal on Public Mental Health, organized by the Mental Hospital in Jawalakhel in 2017.
- Controlled a Hepatitis E, A (Jaundice) outbreak in Biratnagar (2014) and played a critical public health role in managing the nation’s first Bird flu (H5N1) outbreak in Jhapa Nepal (2009).
- Through collaboration with stakeholders, he played a critical role in increasing institutional deliveries, MCH services, and CPR in the Morang district.
- Through a pilot program (MINI) in Morang, I managed to lower the NMR from 30 in 2004 to 21 in 2006.
- Aided refugees by collaborating with UNHCR and AMDA to combat tuberculosis, HIV, malaria, and other diseases in Morang and Jhapa.
- Subba was involved in the peace process by managing health care services for the Maoist rebel cantonment.
- In 2003, he was crucial in directing an Eastern regional-level health assessment program for BNMT. I was involved in district operational research and writing scientific articles.
- Through the Partner Defined Quality and Lot Quality Assessment Survey, Subba played a critical role in assessing, evaluating, and documenting the quality of services in Morang, and
- Micro-planning of the EPI program began in Morang and Sunsari, resulting in a significant increase in coverage.
BIBLIOGRAPHY OF A NEPALI-LANGUAGE-WRITER IN ENGLISH
Nawa Raj Subba, after completing the master’s in Nepali literature, the first book anthology of poems was published in 2006. He was involved in literature, culture, and music and became known as Nepali-language-writer in Nepali and English.
PUBLIC HEALTH RESEARCH
- Practices of waste management in health care facilities in Nepal’s Biratnagar metropolitan city Click
- Senior citizens in Nepal are in desperate need. World Journal of Advanced Research and Reviews, 2021, 10(02), 176–183 DOI URL: https://doi.org/10.30574/wjarr.2021.10.2.0206 Click
- Managing Hepatitis Outbreak in Biratnagar Nepal, 2015.Science Journal of Public Health. Vol. 3, No. 6, 2015, pp. 808-814. DOI: 10.11648/j.sjph.20150306.12 Click
- Suicides in the Ilam District of Nepal, 2015.American Journal of Applied Psychology. Vol. 4, No. 6, 2015, pp. 137-141. DOI: 10.11648/j.ajap.20150406.11.Click
- Traditional Practices on Mother and Child Health Care in the Rajbanshi Community of Nepal, 2015.American Journal of Health Research. Vol. 3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 310-317. DOI: 10.11648/j.ajhr.20150305.18,Click
- Postpartum Depression Relating to Smoking and Drinking Habits of Husbands Among Rajbanshi Mothers, 2015.American Journal of Health Research. Vol.3, No. 5, 2015, pp. 293-297.DOI: 10.11648/j.ajhr.20150305.15.Click
- Modification of Delivery Practice in Rajbanshi Mothers of Nepal, 2014.Journal of Nobel Medical College. Vol. 3, No.1 Issue 5, pp10-15.Click
- Delivery Practices among Rajbanshi, 2014. Researcher. I, II, July-December, 2013. pp63-71 Click
- Traditional and Modern Maternal and Child Health Care Practice and their Effects on Rajbanshi Community in Nepal. Journal of Public Health in Developing Countries. Vol 1, No 2 (2015). Click
- Post-Partum Depression among Rajbanshi Mothers. 2013. Researcher, Vol 1, No 1 (2013) Click
- A study of public health indicators of Morang Nepal by Lot Quality assurance sampling method, 2007.Nepal Medical College Journal. Vol.9, No.2, June 2007 pp117-119. Click
- Health Seeking Behavior of Rajbanshi in Katahari and Baijanathpur of Morang District, Nepal, 2004.Nepal Health Research Council Journal. Vol.2, No.2, October 2004, pp14-17. Click and
- An Important Step to Increase Immunization Coverage. Journal of Nepal Health Research Council, Vol.2, No. 1, April 2004, ISSN: 1727-5482 (Editorial).
- Demographic Assessment on Vasectomy Clients of Sankhuwasabha Nepal,2003.Nepal Medical College Journal. Vol.5, No.2, December 2003, pp98-99. Click
RESEARCH ON CULTURE
- Review of ‘Madhesh’ Definition Found in the Nepal Academy Dictionary Click
- The Philosophical Analogy of the Saksak Mundhum to Greek Mythology of Genesis Man’s Ages and Its Allegorical Notation Click
- A Critical Review of the Evolution of Language Families in Nepal Click
- An Analysis of the Kirat Limbu Traditional Beliefs and Culture Click
- Tungdunge Mundhum Establishes a Link Between the Sen and the Samba Dynasties Click
- The Subba Surname Attributes to the Kirat Legacy Click
- Mewa Khola Toponym is a Historical Document, and Tampering With it Shows Fanaticism. IAR J Huma Soc Sci; 2021; 2(5): 1-6. Click
- Tungdunge and Dhangdhange are Homonyms that Represent Limbu and Dhimal’s Relationship. IAR J Huma Soc Sci; 2021; 2(4): 44-51. Click
- Ethnic Identity and Expansion in Kirat Samba Phyang. IAR J Huma Soc Sci; 2021; 2(4): 1-10. Click
- Kirat, Rai, Limbu Are Somewhat Perplexed By The Vast Array Of Ethnic Identities. IAR J Huma Soc Sci; 2021; 2(3): 31-40 Click
- An Overview of the Association Between the Myths and Proof of Lepmuhang Mundhum and Matsya Purana. Journal of Global Literacies, Technologies, and Emerging Pedagogies, Volume 5, Issue 2, November 2019, pp. 905-921. Click and
- Culture and Health: The Unifying Aspects of Cultures [SECTION] TRANS. INST-Internet-Journal for the Humanities, INST-Conférence 7.-9.11.2003
PUBLIC HEALTH BOOKS BY A NEPALI-LANGUAGE-WRITER IN ENGLISH
Dr. Nawa Raj Subba, a Nepali-language-writer wrote books on public health issues based on research. health promotion in Nepali and English.
- Traditional and Modern Health Care Practices and Effects on Rajbanshi, 2016.
- Health Seeking Behaviour of Rajbanshi in Morang, Nepal, 2001.
- Assessment of Health Improvement Program, 2003 (Co-writer)
- Janaswasthya Abhyas Ra Anubhav (Collection of Public Health Articles in Nepali) 2017.
- Janaswasthya Paataa Baataa Ra Anubhuti (Collection of Public Health Articles in Nepali) 2006.
- Janaswasthyaka Sawaalharu (Collection of Public Health Articles in Nepali) 2007.
- Khotangko Swasthya,1998.
- Edited Annual Reports of Eastern Regional Health Directorate Dhankuta (2000 to 2003) and Annual Reports of District Public Health Office Morang/ Jhapa (2004 to 2013).
BOOKS IN CULTURE
- Tungdunge Mundhum Review (2020), and
- Kirat Limbu Sanskriti Manavsastriya Bivechana (2021)
LITERARY PUBLICATIONS BY A NEPALI-LANGUAGE-WRITER
Nawa Raj Subba, a Nepali-language-writer wrote an anthology of poems, lyrics, and essays on the topics listed below. They are available in Nepali and English.
- Jeewan Mero Sabdkoshma, an anthology of poems, 2006
- Bich Batoma Byujhera, an anthology of poems, 2008
- Yatra Aadhaa Satabdiko, an anthology of poems, 2011
- Chitkaar, Muktak, short poems, 2012
- Sahidlaai Salaam, Lyrics, 2010
- Mann Ra Maato, Lyrics,2016
- Manko Majheri, Essays, 2007
- Samayako Swad, Essays, 2013
- Life in My Dictionary, Poems, 2020
- The Mind Canvas, Essays, 2021
- Jokhanama Vartaman, Poems, 2021
- Self-Reflection at the Moment, Poems, 2022
- Life in my Dictionary, An Anthology of Poems, 2020
- The Mind Canvas, Essays, 2021
- Self-Reflection at the Moment, Poems, 2022
- Sikkaka Duvai Pataa, Essays, 2022, and
- Both Sides of Coins, Essays, 2022
- Deshko Maya, Collection of Patriotic songs, 2010
- Hami Pahile Nepali, Collection of Patriotic songs, 2013
- Lukeko Rahar, Collection of Ghazal Album Audio, 2011
- Amulya Jiwan, Collection of Modern songs, 2012
- Bahaar Sanga, Collection of Modern songs, 2016
- Himalaima Hiun, Collection of Folk Songs, 2014, and
- Video Albums ‘Pratibimba’ Series-1 to 4.
AWARDS AND FELICITATIONS
- Nepal Vidhya Bhushan ‘Ka’– 2015 (2073 VS)
- First prize won in First Online Webcam World Poem Competition- 2008 (2064 VS)
- Gorkhadacchinbahu medal 1991 (2047 VS).
- Babar Sing Thapa Memorial Prize 2008 (2064 VS)
- Mohan Regmi smriti Banni Puraskar 2006 (2063 VS)
- Byathith Kavya Banita Puraskar– 2013 (2070 VS)
- Jayandra Prasai Smriti Sahitya Sanman– 2008 (2064 VS)
- Udayananda Muktinath Aryal Sangeet Pratibha Puraskar– 2011 (2068 VS)
- Bhadra Ghale Ghamansing Sahitya-Kala Prize 2014 (2071 VS)
- Nawaranga Sahitya Sanman, Jhapa, 2007 (2063 VS)
- Krishna Prasad- Khagendra Kumari Bhandari Sahitya-Kala Samman– 2018 (2075).
- Ganga Bhadrashila Smriti Puraskar Gargashree Samman– 2016 (2073 VS)
- Hongkong Nepali Federation Felicitation, 2013 (2069 VS)
- Lekhnath Pustakalaya Samman– 2012 (2069 VS)
- Pallav Sahitya Samman– 2009 (2066 VS)
- Nateswar Nrityakala Pratisthan Sanman– 2006 (2063 VS)
- Natyeshore Sanman, 2006 (2063 VS).
- Dirgha Rana Samundra Bam Samman, 2013, and
- Organizations like Sparsha Nepal 2011 (2068 VS) and Kirat Yakthung Chumlung Morang Nepal 2011 honoured Nawa Raj Subba (2068). Similar letters of commendation were written by Hangpang Sewa Samaj in Kathmandu in 2007, Birateshwar Briddhashram in Biratnagar in 2013, and Pathari-Sanischare Municipality in Nepal in 2018. (2075).
- Biography and Bibliography Everybodywiki